Due Thursday, October 27th
Worth 75 points
Create shellcode that prints your username.
Replace the shellcode in name.h with shellcode that will print your NetID. Your code should compile and run on hamsa and should print your own NetID regardless of what user runs it (e.g. not the same behavior as whoami).
$ ./name abc123
Tools to use
- Understand shellcode generation from Aleph One's "Smashing the Stack for Fun and Profit".
- Don't forget to remove all null characters.
- Make sure a newline is also printed.
- Shellcode should be short, and the grading system will not allow extremely long strings.
- There is no right approach to the problem.